Ensures adequate security of the systems or of data transfers.Security services typically implement portions of security policies and are implemented via security mechanisms.Talk to an expert
Visible Stars is committed to maintaining the security of networks and data. Our strategies for business include server and firewall maintenance, VPN and secure remote access, commercial caliber antivirus protection, virus removal and remediation, access control, and data security and recovery services.
We also secure QuickBooks software, this is the financial lifeblood of many companies.
Routinely scheduled network security services including intrusion detection, security audits, anti-malware services enhance network performance, resolves network performance issues, and delivers consistent peace of mind.
Steps you can Take to ensure network security
- Establish your firm’s Computer Security Policy, and align your procedures and conduct to conform to your plan. A team of informed, alert employees and support staff can serve as a powerful defense against threats to your network security.
- Ensure that your entire network isn't open to everyone. Determine who requires access to what, and assign those privileges accordingly.
- Explore your network security options with an experienced, reputable computer security company such as the team at CommSat.
Our network security services include:
- Firewall installation and support maintenance
- VPN & Secure Remote Access for on-the-go team members
- Commercial Antivirus Protection—very different from retail solutions!
- Virus Removal and Remediation--but this shouldn’t be needed with a good commercial antivirus program.
Robust network security is not a do-it-yourself project; however, you can begin to protect your network using these suggestions from the Massachusetts Data Protection Standards to significantly strengthen your defenses:
- Install reasonably up-to-date firewall protection and operating system security patches, reasonably designed to maintain the integrity of the personal information installed and operated on internet-connected systems that contain personal information.
- Implement reasonably up-to-date versions of system security agent software, including malware protection and reasonably up-to-date patches and virus definitions, or versions that can be supported with up-to-date patches and virus definitions, and set them to receive the most current security updates on a regular basis.
- Encrypt all transmitted records and files containing personal information that will travel across public networks, or wirelessly.
- Implement secure user authentication protocols including: (a) control user IDs and other identifiers; (b) use a reasonably secure method of assigning and selecting passwords, or use unique identifier technologies, such as biometrics or token devices; (c) control data security passwords to ensure that such passwords are kept in a location and/or format that does not compromise the security of the data they protect; (d) restrict access to active users and active user accounts only; and (e) block access to user identification after multiple unsuccessful attempts to gain access or the limitation placed on access for the particular system.
System security encompasses all facets of accessing information assets.From authentication, to software updates, anti-virus protection, and modifications - security is a key component to a device operating at its optimum. These best practices help to mitigate various security concerns.
- Use Change Management Procedures
- Utilize system logs for audit trails
- Utilize data classification
- Vendors must follow the institution's policies and standards
- Implement and follow patch management strategy